To promote Government Arts College(Autonomous) Salem-7 as an institution of academic excellence by strengthening the ties of goodwill and communication amidst the Institute, its alumni and the present students, and by maintaining a holistic rapport to serve their needs.
The Objectives of Alumni Association are:
- To keep a roster of all Alumni of college and establish a lifelong relationship with the Alumni.
- Maintaining the updated and current information of all Alumni.
- To encourage, foster and promote close relations among the alumni of this prestigious centenary old institution.
- To promote a sustained sense of belonging to the Alma Mater among the Alumni by being in regular contact with all the members.
- To provide and disseminate information regarding their Alma Mater, its graduates, faculties and students to the Alumni.
- To motivate the Alumni who have recently completed their courses of study at the institution and to keep them engaged in productive pursuits useful to the society.
- To provide a forum for the Alumni for exchange of ideas on academic, cultural and social issues of the day by organizing and coordinating reunion activities of the Alumni
- To sensitize the alumni to acknowledge their gratitude to their Alma Mater.
- The Alumni Association achieves these objectives by staging an annual programme of events and reunions.